Job Summary: The Route Service Representative is responsible for performing deliveries and pickups from Angelica customer locations. The RSR follows all Angelica standard operating procedures to ensure a high standard of delivery and safety standards while operating Angelica equipment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: As part of the Angelica Delivery team, the RSR may complete some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Follow all standard operating procedures for daily activities including delivery, pick up, and documentation.
- Adhere to all company, state, and federal DOT and HOS requirements.
- Perform daily activities including loading and unloading at Angelica facility and customer locations, delivering in assigned equipment on dedicated route.
- Conduct linen counts and orders per customer requirements.
- Deliver product to the customer location which can include operating the lift gate, unloading carts from the truck, and placing carts in the appropriate location.
- Maintain the security of truck cargo by repositioning carts as needed between deliveries and pickups.
- Adheres to Angelica functional separation process and procedure.
- Verify all items specified in the delivery receipt were included in the delivery, and obtain a confirmation signature from a facility representative.
- Prepare the truck for the next shift, including making sure equipment is fueled and clean, removing any personal items, and putting keys and delivery receipts in proper areas
- Report any customer feedback or vehicle problems to the supervisor.
- Occasionally fills in for absent drivers and performs supplemental deliveries as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Required driver classification specific to available position (Class A, Class B, or Class C), with a minimum of 1 year delivery or route experience.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record (3 years), pass DOT background check & physical examination.
- Good communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform the basic functions of the job including reading, writing, and simple math calculations.
- Basic computer skills.
- Physical ability to push and pull carts as the job requires.
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Class A licenses are a CDL classification required to operate tractor / trailers
- Class B licenses are a CDL classification required to operate Straight Trucks registered over 26K GVW (cannot operate a tractor/trailer with this license)
- Class C licenses are a non-CDL classification required to operate vehicles registered at or below 26K GVW
Preferred Qualifications: BA or BS degree
Travel Required: Yes. Consistent with service area.
Physical Requirements: The position requires the ability to move wheeled carts weighing up to 600 LBS.
Work Environment: The work environment is typically spent in an Angelica vehicle performing delivery and pickups to customer locations. Occasional exposure to the outside environment depending on the location.