The primary duty of this position is management of plant employees as part of the production management team. This position is responsible for hiring, training, on-boarding, performance management and evaluation, scheduling, day-to-day direction, discipline, and if necessary, termination, of the plant employees under their supervision. The Production Supervisor typically manages plant employees, and oversees their production to manage plant output from a standpoint of quality and quantity to meet customer requirements. The Production Supervisor is responsible for effectively controlling costs and continuously improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This position may manage multiple departments on a single or multi-shift basis: coaching and building a high performance production team is a key part of conducting this job effectively.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective at managing subordinate employees and evaluating their performance
- Effective at interviewing of candidates
- Capable of communication with employees on performance and direction of tasks to meet Company goals
- Effective at training and leading teams of employees to achieve Company goals
- Partner with Shift Managers in associate safety program to protect associates and assets, and prevent accidents, injuries and damage
- Provide employee coaching and development and help resolve employee problems to build a strong team of production associates
- Manage daily output from a quality and quantity standpoint to satisfy customer orders
- Effectively schedule associates for operation continuity and productivity
- Enforce conformance to Angelica policies and legal requirements
- Consolidate and analyze production measures to improve productivity and control costs
- Empower lead associates and associates to build skills for continued improvement and development of the organization
- Perform accident investigations as needed
- Partner with Shift Manager and other Production Supervisors to ensure adequate workflow throughout departments
The primary duty of this position is management. The Production Supervisor oversees the activities of plant lead associates and associates, and serves a critical role in their hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluation and management, task assignment, discipline, and if necessary, recommending and communicating their termination. Production Supervisors should be prepared to manage an entire team (or multiple teams) that reports directly to them.
- 2+ years of progressive production experience and responsibilities
- Able to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Knowledge of plant equipment and safety methods
- Experience improving a system of production control, standard operating procedure, safety, and quality control
- Good communication and human relations skills
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Open to and able to work either shift (day shift is 6am to about 3pm and 2nd shift from 3pm and on), and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- Must be able to assist Shift Manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedure, safety, quality control, and performance management
- Experience supervising operations within a manufacturing/industrial plant/facility, including managing production and employees, scheduling, training, meeting deadlines and project schedules
- Experience in performance management and increasing subordinates' skills and capabilities
- Process improvement experience with one of the following: lean manufacturing (Kaizen, 5S) or Six Sigma
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The position requires constant standing, walking and the ability to lift and handle material and moving carts with weight up to 50-75 pounds.
This position exists primarily within the plant environment, with periodic office work. The plant environment can be loud, has wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards.
Based on experience
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica's commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or email@example.com. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.