Job Summary: Garment Finish worker associates process and prepare hospital linens for delivery according to customer specifications.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuously grasps, sorts and grades clean textiles.
- Feeds and operates garment press machinery and steam tunnels, or sorts and folds for final finishing.
- Folds textiles by hand or feeds into an ironer or folding machine.
- Repairs hospital linens with holes or raveled seams.
- Packs sanitized hospital linens according to Company and customer specifications.
- Retrieves cleaned/dried linens which have been bundled (tied together in bundles) and loads them into carts.
- Operates forklifts, pallet movers, and other material handling equipment as required.
- Performs job rotation as required.
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, bending, stooping, twisting, pushing, pulling, grasping, and lifting 50 lbs or more.
- Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Work Environment: Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, noise, odors, humidity, lint, dust, chemicals and other hazards.
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica's commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or email@example.com. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.