Job Summary: The Soil Sort Worker is responsible for sorting incoming soiled laundry in preparation for the laundry process. Soil Sort staff work as a team, with each member operating one station, occasionally located on an elevated platform, in which soiled linen can be automatically conveyed and sorted according to type, or move the bagged linen and place on the hoist.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: This position will work within a team of people performing similar duties. Along with one or more team members, an Angelica Soil Sort worker may perform some or all of the following duties during a given shift:
- Manually open bags containing soiled linen
- Push or pull a cart from the adjoining Sorting area
- Position cart on the floor-located scale to note bag weight * Add or remove linens to adjust the weight of the bag
- Move the cart up to the hoist loading area
- Lift bag straps and attach them to the overhead hoist
- Activate hoist control pushbuttons to initiate the conveyance of the bag
- Sort linen by hand to identify and separate by type
- Pick up and place linen in the appropriate bins
- Check machinery as needed, e.g. in case of jams
- Perform job rotation as required
- Reading and writing comprehension, computer and math skills typically associated with a high school level education
- Quality orientation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
- Strong teamwork skills- ready and willing to work closely with team members
- Open to and able to work day or night shifts, and willing to rotate shifts depending on production need
- Open to long hours and working weekends (Sat/Sun)
- Able to lift an excess of 50 lbs
- Able to continuously push/pull carts over 250 lbs
- High School Diploma
- Prior experience working in a plant environment
- Prior experience working for Angelica
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Physical Requirements: The position requires constant standing, bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, walking and the ability to lift and handle material with weight up to 50 lbs and moving carts while wearing personal protective equipment. Constant pushing/pulling of laundry carts with weights of 250 lbs is common with some cart weights exceeding 600 lbs.
Work Environment: This position exists primarily within the plant environment. The service center environment is typically warm with elevated noise levels, wet areas, chemicals, and other hazards.
Angelica Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The company promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. Consistent with Angelica's commitment to equal employment opportunity, if you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and require special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying electronically for a position with Angelica, please contact us at 678-823-4204 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Angelica Corporation participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.