Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray team as an I&R Technician!
We are looking for a results-driven and detail-oriented Installation Repair Technician who combines a great work ethic with the ability to apply critical thinking and smart-handed skills to envision and deliver customer delight. It is also important that you demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers and colleagues.
As a Residential Service Technician, you will be expected to utilize experience, technical aptitude, critical thinking and proven techniques to provide our customers with technology solutions in all areas they require. You will additionally be required to splice, maintain and repair all underground, direct bury, and aerial cables used to supply Telephone, CATV and High Speed Data services over and all fiber optic plants.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of over 700 colleagues supporting local markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
• Splices, terminates, and calculates load and tapping of aerial, buried, and submerged wire and cable according to standard procedure and company, governmental and electrical specifications.
• Maintains, tests, locates, measures CATV strength and clears faults from aerial, buried, and submerged service wire or cable using test equipment from street to house.
• Installs telecommunications services by identifying and connecting correct wires in pedestal or on terminal block, or tap; installing temporary drop if possible; installing inside wiring with proper bonding of ground: connects TV and test; installs HFC and optical equipment and tests.
• Replaces and repairs visible faults in single line installations with efficient and logical problem determination; interprets test equipment readings accurately to localize line trouble.
• Communicates independently, effectively, clearly and professionally with customers, outside technical staff, employees, supervisors and managers. Establishes and maintains considerate and cooperative relationships with coworkers, supervisors, and customers.
• Lifts and carries reels; measures and cuts wires to necessary lengths; climbs ladders and scaffolding; reaches through frames to select individual wires; tests subscriber loops.
• Operates both hand tools, including drills, saws, electric crimpers, grinders, and soldering and test equipment, including Volt Ohm Meters (VOM), light wave test equipment, loop checkers and test sets.
• Maintains pedestal and taps as needed. Reports any maintenance required to supervisor
• Travels to sites as necessary and on-demand via company vehicle, complying with traffic laws, safety rules, regulations and practices.
• Accesses cable, pedestals and other equipment by climbing ladders, poles, and scaffolding; walking through muddy areas or through brush and by digging.
• Maintains equipment, tools and vehicles in working condition; submits and fills out necessary clerical forms such as time, mileage, gas tickets and material and equipment charge-outs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.