About Hargray Communications - For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers and the world, growing into an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services in a four-state region. Our purpose is to empower people and communities to connect and thrive. We execute that purpose through our mission of envisioning and delivering customer delight and through strong, local leadership and operational presence that is contrary to the centralized," cost-saving model that the larger companies in our industry follow. Our team of more than 800 colleagues across multiple southeast locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and our customers' best service. We have a long history of consistent growth that outpaces the industry, and we believe in developing our colleagues and providing an environment opportunities for them to achieve more than they thought possible. We also offer a wide range of benefits and a strong, incentive-based compensation package.
Our General Managers own the P&L, revenue, expense, and capital, for his or her market, with leadership responsibility for the entire sales and operational functions within that market. The General Manager will serve as the face and voice of Hargray in his or her market and will lead a team to exceed revenue, expense, operating cash flow, and customer satisfaction targets by developing and executing their market strategy. The General Manager will also hire and develop in-market staff, ensure necessary support for his or her market operations from Hargray shared service functions, and develop and deliver initiatives to drive revenue growth, improve operational efficiency, and effectively execute a local, customer-centric service model to retain and grow the customer base in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- P&L responsibility for assigned market; must meet established revenue and profitability goals
- Hargray market leader and ambassador with responsibility for developing and maintaining key community relationships within the market to achieve Company objectives and fulfill 'Hargray's purpose
- Serves as champion for the customer and develops people and processes in a manner that enables Hargray to deliver customer delight
- Responsibility for Commercial and Residential Sales, Customer Care, Technical Support, Installation and Repair, and other areas critical to the success of the market, including the effective utilization of Company centers of excellence (e.g., product and marketing, IT, commercial operations, network) to achieve market objectives.
- Sets market goals, measures performance against those goals and develops budgets and plans designed to achieve those goals.
- Develops and ensures the successful execution of compelling operational strategies and plans to improve market revenues, operational efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Monitors competitive activity and devises strategies and plans to retain customers and improve the market share of Hargray products
- Identifies and develops business cases supporting capital investments to support market objectives
- Regularly and effectively communicates with customers, community leaders, team members, shared service colleagues, and company leadership regarding the Company and the market.
- Designs and ensures the proper execution of practices, processes, and other measures to ensure desired market results
- Works with colleagues in centers of excellence (e.g., product and marketing, network, IT, finance, and others) to devise the appropriate market support model and ensure necessary resources for the execution of market strategies and initiatives
- Supports and advances company core values and culture
- Hires and develops a team of superior colleagues that are committed to the Company's core values and the success of the market
- Manages and resolve (and work to minimize) customer escalations and ensures market colleagues are committed to envisioning and deliver customer delight and are fulfilling that mission
- Performs other duties to ensure the success of the market