Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray Communication team as a Manager, Customer Advocacy!
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of over 800 colleagues supporting local markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
General Description of Position:
The Manager, Customer Advocacy is responsible for coaching, inspiring, motivating, guiding, and developing a team of Customer Advocacy Leaders focused on providing the best customer experience possible that will result in retaining and gaining our customer base. This person has a passion to provide the best customer experience that will make us to be bulletproof against our competition. Works with the team to train on recognizing opportunities to add services or updates packages. This position oversees Customer Advocacy Leaders and/ or Customer Advocacy Associates in an inbound contact center experience and will be accountable for meeting and exceeding established goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee all Customer Advocate activities creating a high performing, fun, and successful team environment.
- Attract, hire and develop new customer advocate talent who thrive in a fast-paced, creative culture.
- Fosters a customer-centric (i.e., member) culture among staff.
- Partner with their peers and the leaders across the work streams to drive the development of consistent tools, processes, analyses, and reporting to enhance the Engagement Center department.
- Provide on-going training to further enhance team performance and ensure team meet and/or exceeds customer delight goals.
- Create an environment that fosters teamwork, accountability, and positively impacts the customer experience. Provides input as well as communicates company strategy and motivates the team toward achieving company vision, mission, and purpose.
- Provides coaching and feedback to team members by inspiring trust, encouragement, motivation, and accountability. Creates coaching plans in a feedback-rich environment based on performance standards.
- Develops reports used in monitoring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Keeps management informed of individual performance, team productivity.
- Oversee selling additional services by recognizing opportunities and customer needs to up-sell accounts.Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Experienced at prioritizing and organizing effectively.
- Show judgment and initiative to accomplish job duties.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and direction in partnership with direct reports.
- Encourages career development with each team member through the creation and management of individual development plans.
- Facilitates routine huddles with the team focused on improving the employee experience and the customer experience. Develops action plans as appropriate, based on employee feedback.
- Responds to customer escalations to understand issues and offer helpful solutions in driving customer satisfaction.
- Comfortable managing through ambiguity and strong critical thinking skills. Works collaboratively, demonstrate excellent time management skills, and consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. Celebrates and reinforces employee successes through recognition and promotion.
- Assists with the development of call center technology and productivity tools by monitoring performance levels and team member activities. Tracks analyzes and reports performance data on key departmental initiatives. Administers all company policies; takes appropriate action as necessary supporting an employee and Customer-centric organization.
- Solicit feedback and work on the outcomes.
- Other duties as assigned.