Responsible for soliciting, negotiating, and assist in coordinating the closing of routine mortgage loans. Examines, evaluates, and recommends approval of loan package. Also promotes business for Bank by developing new residential mortgage business growth and cross-selling opportunities.
The majority of time worked is spent out of banking offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
* Demonstrate knowledge of Bank mortgage loan products and services.
* Follow bank policies and procedures, security guidelines, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations. Includes coordinating with legal counsel and bank operating departments to ensure adherence to laws and regulations relating to new and/or revised bank products and services.
* Demonstrate familiarity with underwriting guidelines with all of the Bank's investors and programs.
* Support the Bank's CRA and Fair Lending initiatives.
* Interview loan applicants and request required information for determining a credit decision.
* Compile loan packages and facilitate negotiation of loan structures with applicants, including fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
* Conduct credit analysis to support granting loan approval within guidelines from approving officer and/or outsourced investor guidelines.
* Identify and analyze potential loan markets to develop mortgage loan prospects.
* Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services using Bank-endorsed techniques and processes.
* Assume ownership of customer problems to achieve resolution.
* Serve as primary contact in responding to customer and non-customer inquiries relative to mortgage loan products, rates, procedures, etc.
* Engage in marketing efforts with realtors, builders and others to obtain new business. Efforts include but are not limited to realtor open house luncheons, meeting with customers after hours, and calling and/or meeting potential customers during evening hours and on weekends per realtor request.
* Bachelor's degree, or at least 3 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Effective interviewing skills.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups.
* Ability to compute basic to moderately complex math calculations.
* Basic problem-solving and analytical skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Proficiency in using personal computers and office products (e.g., Word, Excel).
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Self-starter who is goal- and results-oriented.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be licensed with NMLS prior to hire or before any mortgage loan applications may be taken.