- Account management through customer contact.
- Preparation of quotes and bids to maximize profit for the division.
- Communication of customers' demands to plant and procurement
- Development of new accounts by building relationships to accomplish long term growth goals.
- Financial analysis of monthly reports to ensure profit goals are being accomplished.
- Processing of orders to ensure order entry is accurate.
- Coordination of orders with plant locations and or reload yards to ensure inventory turns and maximize profits.
- Assist in taking inventory counts at reload yard locations.
- Managing inventory levels at plants/yards through proper analysis with the customers and establishing agreed to stocking levels.
- Lead customer restoration efforts during storms/emergencies by being the primary point of contact between the customer and production plants / distribution yards which will require on occasion to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Attend industry specific conferences to further build relationships and foster growth for the Company.
- Manage contacts by utilizing CRM
- Bachelor's degree in Sales/Marketing or related field required
- 1-3 years of sales experience required.
- Ability to prepare detailed and complex reports utilizing prescribed procedures is required of this position.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong customers service skills
- Basic understanding of price development, costs and margin analysis.
- Strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Self-starter and ability to work remotely if required.
- Basic knowledge of financial reports.
- Must possess a strong entrepreneurial drive, track record of initiative, personal responsibility, and ownership of work to meet monthly, quarterly and annual financial goals in a high growth organization.
- Must possess excellent presentation, writing, and negotiation skills, with the ability to create and deliver convincing arguments covering a broad range of complex issues.
- Willingness to travel 30%
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.