- Participates in operational and mechanical trouble shooting in all process areas in the plant;
- Provides support to maintenance department setting specifications on equipment;
- Responsible for identifying and prioritizing critical plant capital projects from inception to completion utilizing and managing contract engineering firms when required;
- Responsible for monitoring and coordination of repairs of critical mechanical equipment in Tar, PAA, and Naphthalene plants;
- Assist plant maintenance department in finding solutions to repetitive or unusual problems and failures;
- Manages the time lines, budgets and scheduling for engineering projects using Koppers project management practices;
- Sets and sustains 5S standard in engineering department
- Complies with all plant and corporate administrative rules.
- Complies with all applicable plant operating procedures.
- Complies with all applicable plant safety rules and plant environmental compliance.
- General understanding of manufacturing and utilities processes
- Executes Capital Projects (10k-500k) and maintenance repairs on plant equipment including: piping, valves, pumps, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and tanks.
- Performs all required Zero Harm responsibilities.
- Executes tasks using recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices including industry codes and standards.
- Assists customers as required.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university; P.E., EIT, or PMP certification a plus.
- 3 years of experience in an industrial or chemical plant environment;
- Understanding of requirements API 650 Welded Tanks for Oil Storage and API 653 Above Ground Storage Tank Inspection
- Understanding of requirements for ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code, as well as ASME B31.3 Process Piping
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.