One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
What's In It For You
Reimagining scrap is where it all starts. But we can't raise the bar without the team to keep it moving. So, we support the heavy lifting you'll do with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including:
| || |
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
| || |
- Advancement opportunities
| || |
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
Looking for a hands-on job that is rewarding? Come make the steel that builds America! Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic team members. Apply online today!
What You'll Do
- Perform preventive maintenance on engines and hydraulic systems for on and off road mobile equipment (including vehicles such as trucks and trailers) and maintains stationary equipment
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, and adjusting controls and systems
- Operate equipment to change, mount, and dismount all types of tires, including "split rim" wheels
- Comply with DOT and state inspection requirements
- Repair engine failures, mechanical and electrical system malfunctions, body repair and replacing parts and components
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of services and repairs
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows safety regulations
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completions, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and customers in a positive manner
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs when needed
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
What You'll Need
- Proficient in reading and understand technical documents, diagrams, and service manuals
- Possess specific fundamental knowledge of bearings, power transmission equipment, electrical, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, fluid pumping systems, and heat transfer
- Thorough knowledge of DOT inspection requirements
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Capable of performing a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending, climbing and kneeling
- Must be able to stand for significant lengths of time in an industrial environment with exposure to all elements of weather
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail to find root cause for equipment failures
- Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.