- Perform functions within the Purchasing group that drive savings to the EBITDA of the Company.
- Review and negotiate purchases for the Operating groups as well as the Corporate office. This person will be responsible for $5-$10 million in spend across Divisions.
- Managing the Contractor qualification process is a key component of the Zero Harm Company objective and Responsible Care Program.
- This person will also actively participate in reducing cost through strategic sourcing. Generating purchase orders and tracking spend.
- Work with the other team members in the Purchasing Department to establish and manage certain Purchasing vendor accounts. Including, but not limited to the Xerox copiers, Office supply accounts and safety supply vendors (ex:office medical cabinet account).
- Develop supply chain for products and services as required for Corporate as well as Koppers Production facilities.
- Periodically review accounts and recommend strategies for improvement. Communicating savings or improved products/services to management.
- Manage the Contractor Qualification process related to Corporate Purchase orders. Sending requests to vendors, routing for authorization and maintaining the data base of approved vendors.
- Look up and analyze vendor spend as we review different commodities to leverage spend across all division and at Corporate.
- Prepare and enter Purchase Orders into the system as needed.
- Communicate with Vendors and other stakeholders the status of on order products and services.
- Manage the daily mail room account including personnel and supplies.
- Manage the Koppers Building account and to be the point person on daily issues on the Koppers floors. Communicate and resolve these issues with Building Management.
- Light Admin duty including ordering office supplies and paying vendor invoices.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other related field from an accredited College or University.
- 3-5 years working experience in a Business environment that includes thinking strategically and communicating effectively with various levels of management.
- Experience with business case analysis required to review Purchases and offer solutions that result in savings to the Company.
- 3 years of experience in Purchasing and/or negotiating contracts is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft and in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%.
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.