- Track Raw Materials
- Responsible for receiving in excess of $2.5 MM of raw material on a monthly basis
- Compare packing slip to purchase order to ensure correct type and quantity of material was received
- Communicate and resolve any raw material discrepancies with the Production Manager , Tolling Agents (3), off-site warehouse Inventory Clerk and the Corporate Raw Material Buyer
- Enter raw materials received into our internal database for Koppers manufactueing facility& tolling locations
- Conduct a weekly assessment of inventory to determine the type of material to be placed into production
- Keep Raw Material Buyer informed of any material variances
- Accounts Payable Duties
- Follow best practices by reviewing vendor invoices for accuracy by comparing charges to purchase orders
- Code vendor invoices to the proper General Ledger Account for the Office Manager to review
- Work with the Corporate Purchasing Coordinator to resolve any differences between vendor invoices and goods received
- Confer with vendors on the payment status of invoices
- Other Duties
- Cross train to perform Office Manager physical inventory processing and report preparation to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act & A/P processing protocol
- Cross training to Maintain a log of petty cash and credit card transactions
- Actively support other Financial Department responsibilities as needed
- Associate's degree (A.S), Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-5 years of industrial experience required
- 2-5 years of A/P experience required
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, analyze problems, ability to analyze and interpret data, work independently and manage time effectively.
- Proficient MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Powerpoint.
- Basic Knowledge of general Accounting principles
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.