Job Family covers Operations Staff who work in South State Bank Mortgage Loan Operations. Functions include managing a pipeline of loan applications, collection and review of mortgage related documents and driving the loan process from application thru closing. Insures compliance with South State Bank Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other operating procedures.
- Review and analyze application, supporting documentation, AUS Findings, and Investor program guidelines; calculate income; update LOS and AUS.
- Order third party services including, but not limited to, appraisal, tax transcripts, title work, flood determination, and insurance declaration page. Run and review Compliance and Fraud software following necessary procedures to correct any fails, exceptions and/or alerts.
- Request documentation from MLO and/or customer, keeping both up to date on the loan status.
- Submit complete and accurate file to underwriting, follow up and clear all conditions.
- Submit complete and accurate file to private mortgage insurance company or investor, if applicable, follow up and clear all conditions.
- Submit complete and accurate file to closing.
- Coordinate closings with all parties and manage pipeline to meet closing and lock expiration dates.
- Insure compliance with South State Bank Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other operating policies and procedures. Complete compliance training, adhere to all anti-money laundering guidelines and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Mortgage Processor III is highly proficient in all loan types and highly complex income and loan scenarios. (ex: complex self-employed borrowers with multiple companies owned, income types, etc.). Maintains a high level of expertise of the policies, procedures, investor guidelines, bulletins, alerts.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accepts and performs other duties that are determined to be essential.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Maintains stable performance and emotional control when faced with opposition and pressure from others and/or stressful conditions.
- Communication – Asks questions as necessary for clarification purposes; keeps others accurately informed; handles all communication in a timely manner; keeps communications confidential and on a need to know basis
- Attention to Detail – Provides accurate and consistent paperwork, is thorough in accomplishing tasks, monitors and checks work or information
- Collaboration – Highly proficient in developing cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group of people, working toward the same solutions to benefit all involved parties.
- Time Management – Organizes time and resources efficiently; manages multiple tasks; meets deadlines consistently
- Customer Service – Provides excellent service to internal and external customers
- Required annual compliance training.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.