One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
What's In It For You
Reimagining scrap is where it all starts. But we can't raise the bar without the team to keep it moving. So, we support the heavy lifting you'll do with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including:
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Advancement opportunities
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
Looking for a hands-on job that is rewarding? Come make the steel that builds America! Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking energetic and enthusiastic team members. Apply online today!
Commercial Metals Company (CMC) is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for our Lexington, SC Recycling facility. The Maintenance Mechanic will support production by maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment.
What You'll Do
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs when needed
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause
- Monitor and inspect equipment for defects. Properly remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, overhead cranes, hand, and power tools
- Prepares and maintains accurate records of services and repairs
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completions, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Effectively communicates with co-workers and customers in a positive manner
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years of in-trade industrial heavy equipment maintenance experience
- Proficient in reading and understand technical documents, diagrams, and service manuals
- Experience with hydraulics/pneumatics, wiring, and working on heavy equipment
- Must be able to stand for significant lengths of time in an industrial environment with exposure to all elements of weather
- Capable of performing a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending, climbing and kneeling
- Ability to work overtime as necessary outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail to find root cause for equipment failures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience is required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.