One Team. One Commitment. One Goal.
What's In It For You
Reimagining scrap is where it all starts. But we can't raise the bar without the team to keep it moving. So, we support the heavy lifting you'll do with competitive compensation and a generous benefits package including:
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Advancement opportunities
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
Looking for a hands-on job that is rewarding? Come make the steel that builds America! We are seeking experienced Industrial Maintenance Mechanics ready to advance their maintenance career with the latest automated steelmaking technology!
What You'll Do
- Participates in the CMC Safety Programs and proactively upholds the CMC Safety Culture
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause
- Use SAP maintenance module in the execution of duties, utilize computers to acquire information, documentation, account for time and corrective actions
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs
- Determine grades and sizes of bolts, pipes, tubing, cables, and wires
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and schematics
- Meet expectations of work quality
- Monitor and inspect equipment for defects. Properly remove defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, overhead cranes, hand, and power tools
- Possess specific fundamental knowledge of bearings, power transmission equipment, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, welding principles, rigging, overhead cranes, gearboxes, and mobile equipment operation
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
What You'll Need
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and work in heights for extended periods of time in extreme temperatures
- Ability to utilize precision measurement instruments
- Ability to work rotating shifts which include weekends and holidays
- Minimum 5 years of field experience in either heavy industrial operations and/or manufacturing environment required
- Experience with welding, cutting, fabrication, and equipment maintenance preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.