it's what's inside that counts
There's more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it's the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you'll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
What You'll Do
- Accurately complete corresponding delivery paperwork and work with production, sales and customers to communicate issues with loads and delivery time
- Work safely to prevent on the job injuries by following safety rules and regulations at all times including proper wearing of company PPE
- Ensure vehicle is properly loaded and load secured and product is delivered safely and timely
- Ability to inspect vehicle(s) for any safety or operational defects using DOT, maintenance, and safety checklists and ensuring emergency equipment is in proper working order
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Loading truck may require: securing chains across the width of a trailer to secure the product, both on the bed of a trailer and in an overhead rack, tarping of loads on trailers, and dropping and hooking a trailer
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday; which may include some overtime, weekends, and holidays
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Performs daily Pre-Trip, Inter-Trip, and Post Trip Inspections.
- Responsible for the delivery of products to customers, contractors, and jobsites throughout the location geographic region
What You'll Need
- Ability to pass a company road test
- No violation for careless, negligent or reckless operation of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- Driver must be able to learn in D.O.T. Regulations/Requirements
- No DUI or DWI (within the last 5 years)
- No felony involving the use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle in previous 3 years
- Frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs/ladders, works with chains, drops and hooks trailers, performs inspections and reaches to work with equipment throughout the entire shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work outside under all weather conditions to include working in the heat and cold weather
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Must be willing to learn and tackle new challenges
- Must have effective listening and verbal skills to identify important information and to engage with internal and external customers
- Must speak and understand English language in verbal communication
- No more than 1 moving violation in the previous 3 years
- No on-road preventable accidents during the past (3) years as shown on the Motor Vehicle Road (MVR); accidents are reviewed by CMC Logistics
- Pass required D.O.T. and CMC Logistics drug testing programs and physicals as required by D.O.T.
- No violation for speeding excessively, 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit in previous 3 years
- Valid Class A or Class B Commercial Driver License Preferred
- Work well with team members or independently; give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that's already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We've built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over the last 100 years - but we're just getting started.
If you're ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways connecting our communities, and do meaningful work, you're ready to join CMC. Apply today and start moving your career - and our world - forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.