Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
This position involves a wide variety of job conditions and responsibilities at the CMC Recycling Yard in Houston. The Maintenance Supervisor is considered the lead diagnostician and directs the activities of the Maintenance department which includes preparing and fulfilling repair, construction and preventive maintenance schedules. These activities maximize the availability of production equipment throughout the facility. Successful candidates will have a strong safety mindset and a desire to learn.
* Collaborates with production and management personnel to seek most efficient maintenance solutions.
* Documents maintenance activities via the SAP system.
* Consistently communicates any changes, additions, completion dates/times, and cost/time estimates related to maintenance activities to management.
* Delegate and supervise multiple employees and contractors to accomplish maintenance needs as well as hands-on involvement when the need arises.
* Establishes strategies to efficiently and cost effectively maintain or increase production in conjunction with management and division priorities.
* Communicates equipment and facility needs to the Operations Manager as needed.
* Manages costs and obtains management approval for higher cost items.
* 10 or more years of related facility and heavy equipment maintenance experience - with heavy emphasis and experience in working with fluid hydraulics required.
* Experience maintaining material handlers, excavators and hydraulic equipment required.
* Must have hands on maintenance, diagnostics, and repair ability.
* Strong office equipment and computer skills.
* Must be able to read and understand Hydraulic & Electrical Schematics, combustion engine repair, PM, and trouble shoot electrical problems.
* Must speak and understand English language in verbal communication.
* Must have positive attitude, be a team player and contribute to team building.
* Ability to long hours and weekends.
* High School diploma or GED required