Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
The primary role of the Maintenance Planner is to plan, schedule, and coordinate corrective and preventive maintenance activities for Plant Maintenance.
* Plans, schedules, and coordinates corrective and preventive maintenance activities for maintenance
* Acquires information about the job to be performed
* Works with Front line Supervisors to estimate the length of jobs and resources required
* Orders all parts required for planned jobs (both storeroom and outside vendors)
* Implementing Kitting Process and makes sure kits are complete with all parts needed, special tools required as well as ensuring necessary equipment is on site (i.e. man lifts, mobile cranes etc...)
* Has kits delivered to job site prior to work being performed
* Follows up on work completed
* Ensures kits returned to store room
* Verifies parts used and invoices received
* Evaluates planned cost versus actual cost (labor cost, Materials, rental equipment)
* Reviews all activities to improve planning process for next time job is required this includes face to face conversations with the craftsman and supervisors to discuss changes to all aspects of the job
* Ensures that the work orders and PMs are kept current and accurate and communicates problems to appropriate people.
* Creating, editing and verify detailed work instructions.
* Down days and outage planning
* Involved in pre-down day and outage meetings to help determine priorities and man power availability.
* Develops down day work and outage plans working closely with the first-line maintenance supervisors.
* Helps to determine the critical path and length of the down day or outage based on the plan.
* Present at down day and outage meeting to make sure that the plan is agreed upon by everyone present so that the planned documents can be finalized and sent out.
* Involved in the post down day meeting as a follow-up to how successful the down day was and to put together a path forward towards improvements.
* Well organized and capable of organizing team members
* Highly self-motivated with goal and objective oriented
* Computer skills, particularly needs to have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
* Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with peers and subordinates
* Technical skills in mechanical field
* Two-year technical degree and 5 years' experience Electrical Maintenance in an industrial environment
* Eight years' experience in Electrical Maintenance in an industrial environment