Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Commercial Metals Company is currently seeking experienced Industrial Electricians for our Steel Mill located in Cayce, South Carolina. You will work alongside our highly skilled Maintenance team to troubleshoot, test, repair, install and calibrate electrical and electronic equipment on site. This position will work 12 hour rotating shifts (7-7) between days and nights and can include weekends and holidays. If you are searching for a way to advance your industrial career, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
CMC offers training and development opportunities for employees to acquire and enhance new skills and knowledge. Advancement opportunities are also available for those who have the desire for professional growth. CMC's competitive compensation package includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life and disability, company matching 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, and paid time off.
Starting pay ranges from $29 - $31 hourly, depending on education and experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Tests and measures AC/DC utilities and control circuits
- Interprets electrical/electronic schematics and technical manuals
- Possesses thorough understanding of industrial controls, 3-phase power, PLCs, VFDs, distribution switchgear, and instrumentation
- Works with various hand tools and electrical test equipment
- Demonstrates satisfactory troubleshooting skills
- Communicates effectively with appropriate departments/individuals
- Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment, hand tools and personal knowledge to determine root cause
- Performs necessary maintenance tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting, the repair or replacement of defective and damaged parts, adjustments and calibration procedures, assemble, install, test and execute preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of manufacturing equipment using hand and power tools
- Demonstrates a passion for customers and world class customer service
- Promotes collaboration and working as a member of a team
- Adapts to change in a positive and productive manner
- Demonstrates a drive for excellence and strives for continuous improvement
- Performs other job duties as assigned
Experience and Skill Requirements
- 3 or more years of industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Must have thorough understanding of electrical safe work practices and NFPA 70E requirements
- Must have experience with and the ability to demonstrate electrical and mechanical maintenance principles, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques including a working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- MRO system in particular SAP system experience preferred
- Knowledge of the melting, casting and rolling process and related equipment preferred
- AC/DC motor troubleshooting experience required
- Electrical controls maintenance and repair proficiency required
- Siemens, Allen-Bradley and/or other PLC troubleshooting experience preferred
- Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems required
- Strong multitasking abilities required
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and work in heights for extended periods of time
- Performs a wide range of physical activity to include standing, balancing, pushing, pulling, stooping and reaching required
- Ability to work rotating (day/night) 12 hour shifts is required
- Ability to work hours outside of normally scheduled shift with little or no advance notification required
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, chemical, dust fumes and mists, uneven surfaces, loud noises, and elevated work areas required
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions required
- Ability to conduct self in a respectable, responsible, and courteous manner required
- Projection of a cooperative and positive attitude toward customers, employees, and the Company required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College or technical trade education preferred