Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
We want to fill this position with a qualified applicant who would like to have a long term, rewarding career with our bank.
Ameris Bank will be a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. Applicants must be able to demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Honesty and High Standards.
Summary Job Description:
The responsibilities of a Commercial Banker II include the acquisition of new business through active calling on existing clients to solicit additional business and calling on high-value prospects within the bank’s market area. A successful Commercial Banker provides value to their clients by giving clients their full attention, understanding the client needs and customizing a unique solution that will benefit the business’ loan, deposit and service needs.
The applicant should be service-oriented, professional, friendly, and enjoy our fast-paced atmosphere.
May be required to work weekend and/or extended hours. Regular, reliable attendance is crucial to our success.
- Uphold the Ameris Bank Mission Statement, Vision Statement and Core Values.
- Target clients shall be small to medium sized businesses with gross revenues in the general range of $5 million to $75 million. While not restricted, ideal credit facilities will be in the range of $1 million to $15 million. Products shall include lines of credit, term facilities, C&I and Commercial Real Estate financing.
- Expand and retain Commercial and High Net Worth Individual relationships.
- Grow and manage a portfolio of Commercial loans to $60M and beyond whose Margin and Revenue meets or exceeds the bank’s goals.
- Grow and service a portfolio of deposit customers to $30M and beyond with emphasis on low cost deposits.
- Negotiate loan structures that maximize the bank’s credit quality and profitability.
- Analyze customer provided financial information in order to appropriately underwrite, present credit structures for committee approval and perform ongoing credit grade determinations within Ameris Bank Loan Policy Guidelines.
- Coordinate portfolio management functions of a team of Credit Underwriters, Credit Analysts and Document Processors.
- Ability to maintain an existing portfolio of loans that are compliant with all Banking Regulations as well as oversee internal quality measurements such as: current documentation, customer financial statements and covenants compliance.
- Manage a Commercial Banking Assistant (CBA) whose primary duty is to support the Commercial Banker in Portfolio Management, Customer Service and Sales efforts.
- Primary Relationship Manager for both Business and High Net Worth individuals. Partner with other areas of the bank to uncover sales opportunities among both customers and prospects in the areas of Retail Banking, Treasury, SBA Loans, Municipal Lending, or Retail Secondary Market Mortgages.Identify smaller Business opportunities (outside the prospecting plan of the Commercial Banker) and refer them to Business Bankers and Retail Bank teammates.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in commercial credit with an established portfolio of Commercial customers.
- Demonstrated track record complying with all commercial bank laws, bank products, services, policies and procedures as well as cost accounting, financial and statistical analysis, principles of commercial and consumer credit.
- Proven track record of consultative “value added” selling skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel analysis required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships and contacts with professional and business organizations and develop teamwork with co-workers on other related units.
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation & follow-up skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)