To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work safely in a maintenance department within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Work with utility equipment such as large compressors, cooling towers, pumping systems, fire protection systems, and electrical switchgear.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and predictive maintenance on industrial equipment using the latest technologies (infrared, ultrasonic and vibration analysis).
- Utilize electrical skills including reading electrical schematics and power riser diagrams, working with complex control systems, troubleshooting motors, using standard electrical meters and specialty meters such as megohmmeters and other test equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems range from 24VDC to 480VAC 3-phase.
- Knowledge of medium voltage systems (over 480) preferred.
- Utilize mechanical skills including maintaining HVAC systems, mechanical drive systems, lubrication, precision alignment, and working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install production machines and facility equipment such as pipefitting, rigging, installing conduit, pulling wire, wire termination, and demolition of older machinery.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Utilize standard MS Office programs (MS Excel, MS Word) and specialized software such as Tracer HVAC monitoring.
- Ability to train on day shift hours before reporting to designated shift; ability to work overtime as assigned.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Safety, Health and Physical Requirements:
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lifting and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Lifting shoulder high up to 35 lbs. repetitively.
- Walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Working indoors or outdoors all year.
- Proper PPE uniform required for ArcFlash.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- All employees are responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the safety policies and procedures.
- Initiative and high sense of urgency
- Judgement/Decision Making
- Teamwork/Interpersonal Skills
- Internal/external Customer Service Orientation
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
Education & Experience
Associates degree from a 2-year college or 5 years related experience and/or training in a facilities environment.
Work experience within a manufacturing facility is a plus.
Electrical background preferred.
HVAC licenses and certifications are a plus.
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Indirect Hourly
Please access the linked document by clicking select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.