Posted On: 09/10/2019
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, and in fabricating metal parts and tools. Also supervises workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings.
Essential Skills, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Plans and directs maintenance personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and development of methods and procedures for testing equipment or systems.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment. Evaluates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions or to improve safety, quality or equipment operating parameters.
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA, USDA and company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- High School diploma or GED, plus Trade School Certification, Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering preferred.
- Two years related experience and/or training in a manufacturing setting.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Hands on experience in electrical, electronic, plumbing, hydraulic, refrigeration, HVAC and pneumatic systems.
- Basic working knowledge of personal computers and MS Office Software.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and train employees within a team oriented environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible to work scheduled shifts including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
- Minimum travel required.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.