Purpose: The Employee Store Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in developing and executing the annual retail marketing calendar for the adidas Employee Store. This position will support with the overall marketing and traffic driving strategy with the goal of increasing sales and achieving all KPIs (conversion, ADS, UPT) while also aligning with the Brand's goals. This position will support, share, and leverage data analysis to improve invite content and delivery cadence.
- Plan and execute approved marketing and traffic driving initiatives with team members to achieve business results for the adidas Employee Store.
- Assist in executing marketing activation and initiatives for in-store and off-site events.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including Planning and Allocations, Brand Design, Merchandise Manager, Retail Operations, Corporate Affairs, Community Relations, Internal Communications, eCommerce, PR, Legal, and Marketing to ensure that planned marketing initiatives are thoroughly supported.
- Proactively assess store's performance and develop retail marketing solutions to deliver business goals.
- Assist in the maintenance of the retail marketing working budget (MWB) to ensure all programs stay within budgetary guidelines by tracking expenses and PO requests.
- Manage the timelines, briefing and creation of commercial site and channel content, ensuring consistency with the brand's creative direction.
- In coordination with Business Operations and Brand Marketing, assist in managing the timely execution of content delivery to the site to align with overall activation calendar.
- Support in managing internal resources and external agency partners as assigned.
- Contributes to the performance culture within the marketing team by delivering on expectations and targets, analyzing store performance, and leading by example by giving appropriate and prompt feedback.
- Provides in-store support to ensure all marketing and traffic driving initiatives are carried out successfully.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management and planning skills.
- Previous event planning and coordination experience desired.
- Strong business writing, copy writing, and editing abilities.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills, as well as, the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions. Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members along with willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Strong brand understanding and ability to deliver a premium consumer experience
- Forward thinking, innovative mindset
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of sporting goods industry and related retail channels a plus.
- Understanding of digital (e-mail) and social media planning and execution.
- Proficiency in Photo Shop, Illustrator and/or InDesign is desired.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability and willingness to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 12 months experience working in a sports/fashion customer, and commercial focused retail corporate environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of product and the retail industry.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
We are intensely proud of the progress we’ve made creating a diverse and inclusive culture at the adidas Group. But there is always more work to be done. Our goal is an adidas Group where every single person feels welcome. We believe in equality for all, regardless of race, age, abilities, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. We hold ourselves to the same high standard for all our workplaces around the world, without exception.