Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
The Maintenance Supervisor provides the tools and resources necessary to foster an atmosphere of continuous improvement and development in order to protect shareholder investments and operational capacity. Continuous process of improvements plant wide to include: processes cost efficient, reduce waste and management of department. The Maintenance Supervisor advocates sound maintenance business practices to support mill operational processes to produce a quality product within budget that meets or exceeds customer expectations and supports the business strategies and goals of the mill, division, CMCA and CMC.
* Be a leader in safety - ensuring their own safety as well as that of others around them
* Wear proper PPE
* Work safety to prevent on the job injuries by following and enforcing company guidelines and procedures
* Perform housekeeping duties
* Use a computer to make Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents
* Create and modify notifications and work order, approve time, and write requisitions in Sap
* Troubleshoot and repair plant equipment, using resources at hand including themselves, maintenance personnel, other CMC personnel, and contractors as needed.
* Interpret drawings and schematics
* Meet and enforce expectations of work quality
* Give safety crew meetings, as well as safety huddles before big jobs to ensure there is a safe work plan.
* Manage their time as well as the time of their crew
* Communicate with employees, must be able to efficiently convey information to our work force, as well as listen to concerns, issues, and ideas to either act on directly or pass along to the management group fro further considerations or actions
* Install, design, maintain, trouble shoot, repair, and demolish industrial machinery and structures. Including but not limited to industrial buildings, overhead cranes, fans, pumps conveyors, Electrics Arc Furnaces, Gas fired furnaces, casting equipment, forming equipment and handling equipment.
* 3-5 years of supervisory experience required
* Basic computer skills
* Knowledge of safety standards, company policies, compliance regulations, steelmaking, crew planning and development, basic financial knowledge, and technical knowledge within area.
* Ability to work on a rotating shift which may include weekends and holidays; 12-hour shifts.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
* Must be able to lift 100lbs
* Ability to work as a leader in a fast paced environment, with a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills
* Must be able to learn quickly and multitask
* Must be able to work in extreme heat
* Must be able to communicate well with others on all levels
* Must be able to work in elevated areas
Vocational High School, High School or GED