Byline Bank is a growing financial institution and we’re hoping you can join our team and grow with us!
We are currently seeking a Business Development Officer to generate new loan opportunities, evaluate transactions (match expertise and credit knowledge to efficiently evaluate loan opportunities); guide loans through the approval and closing process and bolster Byline’s Brand and Market Reputation.
Come work with us. Work in a place where hard work is rewarded. Where you make a real difference. Where the people you work with treat you like family – because that’s exactly what you are.
What you need to bring…
An interest in SBA Lending and Commercial Banking and working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience possible is essential to this role.
Business Development Officer Core Responsibilities:
- Work independently to develop and solicit new business from present and prospective clients to increase revenue
base and overall profitability.
- Work with credit analysts to analyze the credit history of applicants and determines their loan repayment capabilities.
- Negotiate credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods and collateral specifications.
- Negotiate interest rate structure to be consistent with bank policies and procedures, and to be competitive with current market rates.
- Work with branch partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers.
- Support the bank’s relationship banking culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service, and product knowledge.
- Build relationships with other businesses and prospective customers through, professional and community contacts and current customer referrals.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of commercial lending experience in banking or financial services.
- Knowledge of commercial lending experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of SBA government guaranteed lending policies and procedures.
- Strong relationship management and business development sales skills including ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of commercial banking practices, including financial statements and credit analysis.
- Ability to structure loans to meet the needs of bank & borrower.
- Ability to work within nCino / CRM software.
- Formal credit training is preferred.
Byline Bank is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, gender, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation, due to a medical condition or disability, during any part of the application, please contact the human resources department to let us know the nature of your request.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)