Founded in 1915, we started with a single recycling location and have grown into a global enterprise, and one of the largest metal recyclers and steel manufacturers in the United States. Our vertical integration model was the first of its kind and revolutionized the way the steel industry operates today.
We are also a Fortune 1000, global company that is committed to delivering industry-leading customer service, providing a safe and healthy environment where our employees can succeed, creating value for our investors and improving our communities.
We are sensitive to the impact our industry has on the environment, which is why we are committed to a process that minimizes our carbon footprint and preserves our natural resources for future generations. Our recycling facilities collect metals from the community and convert them into steel that supports our infrastructure.
Commercial Metals Company Steel Arkansas is looking for a Maintenance Millwright to join our Magnolia, Arkansas team! This position requires the ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, install equipment on site. The Maintenance Millwright position works as a part of the Maintenance Team to maintain and repair mechanical issues involved in the processes of steel manufacturing. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career, this is the job for you.
Commercial Metals Company offers a very competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k). There is great growth potential with CMC for applicants and employees with the right skills, attitude and determination.
* Performs preventive maintenance on engines, hydraulic systems, gear boxes, overhead cranes, and stationary equipment.
* Demonstrates knowledge on bearings, piping and welding.
* Performs necessary maintenance tasks including but not limited to troubleshooting, repairing or replacing defective and damaged parts, adjustments and calibration procedures, assemble, install, test and execute preventative maintenance tasks on various forms of manufacturing equipment using hand and power tools.
* Troubleshoots malfunctions on equipment and repairs.
* Operates mobile equipment loaders, forklifts, trucks, material handlers and other various equipment in the plant to troubleshoot equipment.
* Complies with safety procedures and regulations at all times.
* Ensures all jobs are completed in a proficient and safe manner.
* Performs a wide range of physical activities which include pulling, reaching, bending over, climbing, and kneeling.
* Must be able to frequently lift up to 25 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
* Push and pull up to 90 lbs. and carry 50 lbs.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
* Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.
* Is organized and shows attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.
* Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs.
* Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
* Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.
* Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Three years of industrial maintenance experience required.
* Three years' experience with fabrication and machining required.
* Must be a good verbal communicator and work well with others.
* Must be able and willing to work in a heavy industrial plant environment.
* Must be able to work with machinery with moving parts.
* Must be able to withstand repetitive finger movements.
* Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems.
* Strong multitasking abilities.
* Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to work with exposure to inside and outside temperatures, loud noise, heights, and confined spaces.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, and work in heights for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work rotating (day/night) 12 hour shifts is required.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Additional training or certifications preferred.