Coaching Positions: Basketball, Lacrosse, Tennis, Baseball, Cheer Leading, Wrestling & Swimming
* Assist in providing appropriate supervision to a group of students.
* Assist in establishing a positive, supportive and engaging learning environment.
* Provide homework assistance.
* Assist in the planning and teaching of interactive, creative and engaging activities.
* Assist in the cleaning/straightening of classroom and equipment before, during, and after the program.
* Share a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, culture and objectives of MSS.
* Exemplify MSS' core values with all interactions including students, families and/or colleagues.
* Improve professional competence through continuous development opportunities.
* Experience with teaching /supervising young children (preschool/elementary age) required.
* A deep belief of MSS' vision, to make a difference for under-resourced students.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children.
* Strong organizational and planning skills.
* Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
* Goal-oriented, seeks to improve skills through constructive feedback.
* Compassionate, enthusiastic, empathetic and displays a strong work ethic.
* Proven leadership skills.
* Ability to kneel, sit, stand for long periods of time.
* Minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
* CPR/First Aid training preferred; will be provided if necessary.