The Diesel Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for conducting maintenance on our fleet of company vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts.
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment.
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
- Mechanics with welding skills may fabricate shields, attachments, and brackets
- 1 year of experience or schooling in the diesel field
- Read and understand technical blueprints is a plus
- Must have own tools
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Experience operating heavy equipment is a plus