Position Title: UX Designer Intern
Location: Reston, VA
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks. These highly sophisticated cyber attacks easily circumvent traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways. The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 4,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 650 of the Forbes Global 2000.
We are looking for a talented UX designer who can help design bleeding-edge web applications that solve real problems in the cyber-forensics space. From ideation through implementation, you'll work with content creators and engineers to define the best user experience. Do you want to help build products that help national security organizations and Fortune 500 companies protect their networks from evil? If so, we would like to hear from you!
- Challenge existing creative solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Define user research and supplement with customer feedback to enhance our product through thoughtful user stories, wireframes, and designs
- Create storyboards, user personas, sitemaps, wireframes, visual mockups and style guides to support a rich user experience
- Work closely with our UI Engineers and Lead UX Designer to transform visual designs into a living, breathing application
- Support releases of the platform that align with business objectives
- Provide vision and design leadership across the core engineering team
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends to constantly challenge and redefine FireEye products
- You are a UI design whiz who has a portfolio of relevant school or extra curricular projects to prove it
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with design tools such as Adobe CC suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma and etc.
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design principles and User Experience Design best practices
- Abilities to present your design solution, communicate your ideas and receive constructive critique or feedback
- Familiarity with the latest UI design trends, techniques and technologies
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to deadlines
- You are comfortable creating appealing and easy-to-use UI comps given guidelines and sample visual assets
- You thrive in a collaborative environment but can work independently under pressing timelines as well
- You are hungry to learn and not afraid to ask questions when faced with problems to solve
- Experience in community or social network design a big plus
- Experience with responsive web design a plus
- Must be enrolled in an accredited University and returning to classes at the end of the summer
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.