Four-year university students who are working in a technical internship role at hp during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
There are multiple opportunities for the intern to contribute, based on skills and experience. The project may include one or more of the following:
- Contribute to the development of the Scalable Test Framework. This is a locally-developed scalable test automation framework which allows testers to create scenarios that test enterprise-class software and servers by combining virtual users, virtual devices and other virtual automation components running in a modeled enterprise IT environment.
- Develop and/or integrate virtual devices and other software automation components into the Scalable Test Framework for use in testing.
- Develop mechanisms to drive or oversee aspects of test execution, including test automation, system monitoring, metrics collection, triage, and processing of data.
- Development of automated components that will drive the enterprise tests. This includes components such as virtual users that can execute multiple office related activities automatically.
- Work with distributed systems and understand concepts around shared network services and inter-process communication.
- Extension of an enterprise test infrastructure test database. This database houses manifests, scenarios, and other information that define what each automated component will be doing in the modeled enterprise environment while the test is running.
- Development of other internal test process automation and reporting tools
Education and Experience Required:
At least sophomore level completion of Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Software engineering, specifically in object oriented design, system architecture, distributed systems and/or design patterns, software development, and de-bugging skills
- Knowledge of C#, the MS .NET framework, and available system components within that framework
- Understanding of network messaging and network protocols, specifically an understanding of .NET Windows Communication Foundation, and familiarity with tools such as WireShark
- Understanding of Information Technology and associated systems found in typical enterprise environments. Experience working with or supporting enterprise systems will be a plus.
- Demonstrated strength in communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in an R&D development/testing environment, which includes researching technical issues and generating creative/innovative solutions
- Fluency in English