180929 Firmware Developer Engineer Intern (Open)
Seagate is looking to hire a Firmware Development Engineer - Intern in Longmont, CO
In this role you will develop Storage for the future. Disc Drive opportunities utilizing your talent and creativity in Seagate's exciting Solid State Drive (SSD) Firmware organization. This position reports to the SSD Firmware Director.
In this position you will be an important contributor in the following:
- Development of a new architecture and design for Seagate's emerging enterprise disc drive products.
- Work on integrating support for NAND Flash devices and enhance Disc Controller design to achieve enterprise class performance and reliability.
- You will be part of a global firmware team who are developing a scalable and flexible firmware architecture to support many of Seagate's highly successful enterprise products.
- Work across functional organizations with other engineers from ASIC Development, Electrical Integration, Manufacturing and Quality/Reliability and help the delivery of production quality firmware.
A Day in the Life:
- Definition of architectural changes to address major product requirements that impact performance and reliability.
- Work with highly experienced Seagate system architects during requirements analysis and design conceptualization phases.
- Responsible for coding/implementation, module and system level integration and test.
- Final year in pursuing Master's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and must be returning to school in Fall 2018.
- Strong skills in C/C++ language.
- Must possess passion and commitment for completing projects on time.
- Highly motivated and be able to independently drive own self to excellence.
- Experience with embedded software (firmware).
You Might Also Have:
- Background in embedded software development preferably with emphasis on hardware-software integration for non-volatile memory devices.
About our Location:
Walk into work every day with an exceptional view of the Rocky Mountains. The Seagate campus is located in beautiful Longmont, Colorado. Play ping-pong or outdoor volleyball during lunch. Take one of our ten workout classes at our on-site fitness center. The Longmont office and product design center offers an on-site cafeteria and barista. Less than an hour from Denver and 15 minutes to Boulder, our community has all of the exciting year-round outdoor activities of the gorgeous Rockies.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Job Family: Operations Support
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin