At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Civil Intern will work as a member of a design team on multiple projects serving clients such as ADOT. The position includes preparation of plans, detail drawing/calculation checks, estimate and quantity take-offs for projects of various sizes and complexity. The Civil department engages in several areas of design including Highway & Local Roadway design, Green Infrastructure/Stormwater management, Drainage & Grading, Utility/Facility upgrades, Feasibility studies, Transit flood mitigation and resiliency, and recreation/waterfront development. The candidate will need to be a self-motivated individual who utilizes the highest level of professionalism while performing engineering assignments.
In the role of Intern Engineering, we'll count on you to:
* Offer real-world experience on exciting projects
* Connect with recent college graduates and our company leaders through mentoring and young professionals programs
* Apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
* Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a professional or Project Manager
* Perform other duties as needed
This is an intern position for the Summer 2018.
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Engineering program
* Attention to detail a must
* Must possess strong problem-solving and communication skills
* Basic Microsoft Office skills
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0 GPA
* Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
* Preference will be given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.