At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Assist and support either the Accounting or Finance department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in monthly close schedule to include but not limited to:
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Audit schedules.
- Cost center reviews.
- Distribution of business unit packages.
- Engineering allocations.
- Intercompany reconciliations.
- Preparation and entry of sales invoicing.
- Census and Department of Labor (DOL) reporting.
- Assist with the annual budget process and fixed asset reporting.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Assist with weekly and monthly production metric reports (Operations only).
- Assist with standard cost rolls, purchase price variance review and Kit Bill of Materials review (Aftermarket only).
- Provide costing analysis and margin review (Finance - Sales & Marketing only).
- All other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
*Job duties will vary by business unit and location of internship.
- Student in a Sophomore standing or greater working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance for the entire duration of the internship.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required with strong excel skills.
- Graduation date after May 2019.
- This is a YEAR ROUND internship opportunity; individual must be willing to travel or relocate to Oshkosh, WI, to be considered.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat - Standard Version.
- Strong attention to detail.