|Title||SUBSTANCE ABUSE INTERNSHIP|
|Description||Gateway Foundation is seeking substance abuse treatment interns for the Spring 2016 semesters. These individuals would be directly supervised by qualified Substance Abuse Counselors to assist in the delivery of treatment to clients affected by substance abuse. |
Internship responsibilities will include:
* Assisting in the preparation and facilitation of group counseling sessions and educational programs to aid clients in meeting therapeutic goals.
* Assisting in conducting individual counseling to provide crisis intervention, support and guidance to clients, and assisting in addressing client behaviors and personal problems.
* Assisting in the documentation of clients' progress and responses to treatment.
* Assisting in monitoring client medication self-administration and ensuring client safety and well-being during daily activities.
* Under supervision, may be required to collect urine samples and administer a breathalyzer.
|Requirements||* Current enrollment or completion of a qualified substance abuse treatment training program; or current enrollment/completion in an Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or Master's Degree program in applicable area of study. |
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, individuals with a disability, and protected veterans.