Location(s): MN - Burnsville; MN - Minneapolis
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Under guidance from project Engineering and Design services staff, assist in the planning, design and development of construction drawings for various projects. Provide field support including field verifications for retrofit applications, as-built documentation. Requirement to complete design assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness is essential.
- Develop a complete set of construction drawings.
- Exercise independent judgment by utilizing the correct design criteria based on knowledge from vendor data and project scope.
- Check drawings for accuracy including dimensions, spelling, drafting standards, and completeness.
- Review manufacturer’s drawings and other discipline drawings and any existing plan drawings for physical interferences.
- Communicate with the project engineer and other disciplines to resolve any design problems with the manufacturer’s drawings or interferences.
- Performs as-built field changes, additions, and/or revisions as required by the Engineer or Project Lead
- Working with designers & engineers to ensure designs meet and comply with Company policies and applicable Industry codes and standards .
- Working conditions can regularly include exposure to outdoor elements, hot/cold temperatures, wet conditions, noise, atmospheric conditions and cramped workspaces. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shall be worn based on task requirements.
- Pursuing a two year technical degree or certification in engineering drafting and design practice.
- Experience using AutoCAD and or Micro station is required.
- Must have a good attitude, be a team player, follow set work hours and company code of conduct rules (Xcel Energy strives upon a Safe and Team work environment).
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion of one year at a technical degree or certification program
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize various computerized design/drafting software applications according to project requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce complex engineering drawings in a 2D or occasionally work 3D environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office V10 applications, Word Outlook, Spreadsheets Etc.…
- May require travel to plant/job sites.
- Commitment to customer service environment.
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Burnsville || MN - Burnsville; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Operations || 31111:ES MN WI ETS || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10482
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org