At Ryan, your drive is rewarded...your talent is encouraged...your abilities are challenged. Choose a career with Ryan. Work with Global 5000 clients in some of the greatest cities in North America and Europe for the leading tax services firm in the business. Start building your future today!
During a nine week period, you will work with subject matter experts in our Commercial Real Estate Property Tax Practice Area, and experience first-hand what it's like to be a Ryan Commercial Real Estate Property Tax Consultant.
- Work with nationally recognized REITs, Institutional Investors, Developers, etc.in varying industry segments including office, retail, multi-family, industrial, and hotel/resort.
- Exposure to local and national commercial real estate professional organizations.
- Attend property tours and inspections.
- Have daily access to the most sophisticated and up-to-date industry resources.
- Duration: June 11th - August 10th (9 week paid program)
- Practice Area: Property Tax - Commercial Real Estate
- Analyze financial statements, balance sheets, rent-rolls and market data for both income producing and non-income producing properties.
- Effectively utilize multiple approaches to value including cost, income, and sales comparison.
- Aid with administrative appeals process through site inspections, review of assessor records, and preparation of tax appraisal packages.
- Directly assist analysts, senior analysts and managers in client-service activities.
- Support business development efforts with market and industry research and database manipulation.
- Build an understanding of commercial real estate valuation methods and learn to communicate techniques effectively.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in: Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, or Economics
- Anticipated graduation date of August 2018 - August 2020
- Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 6 Accounting Hours
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability