Strategic Sourcing provides the backbone for all sourcing activities to our global portfolio of hotels and corporate offices. We leverage our size and global footprint to deliver a wide range of products and services at best value to our varied stakeholders. We also develop and drive processes that attract, develop and engage our talent to produce the best work of their careers.
Join our team as a Strategic Sourcing Intern for Summer 2018! This opportunity supports a range of leaders within the department working on operational and capital expense projects. Responsibilities will span research, analysis and sourcing activities as well as eProcurement related tasks for stakeholders in both the US and around the globe.
- Partake in the end-to-end Supply Chain process of sourcing, identification of relevant suppliers, RFI/RFP process, contracting, rollout, reporting and communication of benefit to stakeholders
- Interface with eProcurement team: creation & deletions of suppliers, contracts, core lists, catalogs, updates
- Help consolidate national/global quarterly reports on compliance to preferred suppliers
- Maintain contact and work closely with other members of the global sourcing team
- Assist category leaders as needed in keeping up to date spend analysis on each category
- Contribute to feedback loop with stakeholders to monitor satisfaction with vendor service delivery and quality through preparation of Powerpoint decks and supporting data
- Support smooth transition of stakeholders if changing vendors within category
- Support the process of negotiating agreements and ensuring purchases and delivery of all supplies and equipment are in line with the corporate purchase policy and Requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to create and implement new ideas that align with the needs of the business
- Undergraduate or Master's level students
- Pursuing a degree in Supply Chain Management
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Interested in pursuing a career in Supply Chain affiliated fields such as Strategic Sourcing/Procurement
- Strong ability to collaborate with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable learning new data analysis and contract management support tools
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other protected class.