Benco Dental General Counsel:
Responsible for overseeing the legal and regulatory affairs of the company, we are seeking General Counsel that will maintain our key position in today's industry. This position will ensure compliance with all state, federal and industry regulations; will address all incoming legal and regulatory affairs requests; and facilitate all inquiries forwarded to external counsel.
- Education: Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Pennsylvania
- 7+ years working in corporate law overseeing the legal affairs of a medium sized company or a division of a large corporation
- Management experience required
- Extensive project management experience with decision making skills to prioritize key projects
- Excellent judgment, interpersonal, communications, and analytical skills
- Track record of building trust and respect with key internal and external stakeholders including external legal counsel
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Exude a broad range of experience and knowledge in commercial and government contracting, intellectual property management, and real estate law
- Skilled in litigation management, employment law, competition law, corporate law and mergers & acquisitions
- Uphold all corporate and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for government/public relations
- Manage and foresee internal and external risks as they arise
- Leads and mentors a team of legal and compliance professionals; ensuring corporate compliance on all levels.
- Review, negotiate, and draft a wide variety of business agreements
- Oversees the administration of the company's government and institutional bids and contracts
- Raises, negotiates and resolves disputes between the company and 3rdparties
- Coordinates and directs litigation undertaken by outside counsel
- Coordinates and undertakes acquisition activities including due diligence investigations, negotiations and document preparation
- Oversees the maintenances of corporate registrations, records and minutes for parent company and subsidiaries as well as the company's legal files and information databases
- Provides guidance relating to employment related matters and overseas dispute resolution associated with incoming and outgoing sale representatives' non-compete obligations
- Manage and team with external counsel regularly
- Establishes and oversees legal and quasilegal processes & policies and undertakes special projects as needed
- Responsible for maintaining all corporate compliance
- Oversees the protection, prosecution and maintenance of the company's trademark portfolio
Who We Are: It's our mission to deliver success smile after smile.
Benco Dental, the largest privately owned, full-service dental distributor in the United States, has remained in the family since 1930-a family that now includes our more than 30,000 customers and over 1,500 associates in the 48 contiguous states. It's our mission to deliver success smile after smile. We provide more supply and equipment options than any other full-service distributor, an offering enhanced by a comprehensive suite of services, including office design, equipment repair, practice coaching, financing and project management, wealth management and dental-specific technology solutions. These services are supported by over 500 professionally trained sales representatives and 300 factory-trained service technicians who begin every task by asking "What does the customer want?"
If you enjoy working for a progressive company that is growth minded and values customers & associates we encourage you to learn more about our Benco family. We are looking for driven professionals who want to play a key role in our future success.