PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Area Supervisor 4. As an Area Supervisor 4, you willprovide support to the area office and site supervisors, and ensure contract compliance by regularly inspecting and auditing each facility assigned to the area as well as ensuring appropriate staffing. The Area Supervisor IV is the primary point-of-contact for all matters relating to each area facility and coordinates closely with all operational, management, and administrative sections of the area office. This position is primarily based in the area office and will be expected to stand post in extremely limited circumstances.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide supervision to Area Supervisors 1-3, Site Supervisors, and security officers with no on-site supervision on a 24-hour basis.
- Oversee the staffing, scheduling, and on-site training for security officers.
- Ensure that contract-required training and screening elements for security personnel have been met.
- Maintain overtime to a preset requirement designated by G4S.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting and auditing each facility assigned to his/her area.
- Participate and make recommendations in selection and placement of security personnel to contracts in his/her area. Participate and make recommendations in progressive discipline and conduct performance appraisals of the same.
- Develop and maintain high level customer relationships; respond to customer service requests and ensure delivery of physical security services in accordance with client contracts/service level agreements
- Perform other operations-related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, issue uniforms, coordinate fleet vehicles, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders)
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must have verifiable work history showing reliability
- Must have management/supervisor experience with demonstrated proficiency in scheduling, employee development and discipline, policy and procedure development, and client interaction
- Must haveone or more of the following:
- Associate's degree or higher in any discipline
- Service in the active duty military, military reserve or National Guard
- Service in auxiliary police or cadets
- Minimum of one year verifiable and successful security experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by state
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test
- Must submit toan extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no work in extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting; telephone use; driving; standing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching
Number Of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 2018-03-26
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace