84 Lumber Company is seeking an IT Intern. In the internship, the student will be responsible for executing tasks as directed. Listening, observing, and asking questions. The intern will be included in most discussions about the IT environment, projects the department is working on, and involved with interactions with vendors and business partners. The intern will also be learning through informal instruction. The goal of the internship is to translate classroom instruction and apply it to real world experiences.
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Setup and install computer equipment (computers, monitors, network equipment, etc.), which may involve moving computing equipment between locations/buildings
- Assist with managing technology inventory
- Assist users with technology related requests/issues and general troubleshooting
- Assist with technical documentation
- Assist with Project Management and general IT administration tasks
- Gain practical expertise in critical technology areas including Voice/data networking, firewalls, servers, storage and monitoring