PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Fire Safety Director. As a Fire Safety Director, you will be responsible for monitoring fire control panels and making appropriate announcements. This role tests fire control and alarm systems as required, plan and execute fire drills and evacuations, and reports all incidents through the appropriate channels. This individual responds to emergencies by following appropriate emergency response proceedings.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Ensure that all life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional
- Ensure that all floors have fire safety teams including Fire Wardens, Deputy Fire Wardens, and Building Evacuation Team members
- Providing clear direction, information and assistance to client visitors, guests, vendors and employees in a professional, pleasant and courteous fashion on a regular basis and during emergency situations
- Conduct fire alarm drills and maintain a written log
- Provide critiques to identify potential or actual weaknesses in response time or life safety systems and related equipment
- Perform CPR/AED and basic first aid if required
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a Certification of Fitness for Fire Safety Director (issued by FDNY)
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history in a comparable field
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major Activity: Working on PC while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching.
Number Of Positions: 7
Closing Date: 2018-03-27
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace