When you're the best, we're the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
Throughout your 10 week internship, you will be helping members maximize pharmacy performance through assisting with each aspect of this deliverable. By supporting pharmacy communication activities and training, you will help members make use of the tools and resources to support cost savings endeavors. By assisting with the publication of newsletters like the Pharmacy Monitor and the drug monograph service, you will provide help in improving clinical pharmacy practice. Finally, by helping communicate the availability of our various cost calculators, you will support the members in driving incremental revenue.
What we will do:
We will give you the tools and training necessary for you to succeed in our internship program while teaching you valuable skills that will transfer to your life outside of Vizient.
- Participate in staff meetings with Vizient pharmacy leaders
- Will acquire experience developing and promoting evidenced based information and other materials to support improved medication use
- Allow you to interact with internal areas as well as external members
- Gain knowledge into Vizient's approach to helping members maximize pharmacy performance utilizing different tools and content.
What you will do:
- Monitor the integrity of the secure web site for pharmacy clinical, communication, and educational content.
- Assist in the review of the investigational drug pipeline and will have to opportunity to present their work to the pharmacists on staff.
- Assist the senior clinical pharmacists in their development of evidence based resources to help answer member drug utilization questions.
- Work to support the Center for Clinical Pharmacy Practice excellence in developing and promoting evidenced based information and other materials to support improved medication use across the membership.
- Assist with the development and coordination of training and educational events that enable members to better navigate the numerous tools and services provided by the pharmacy business unit.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Associate Vice President for the Center for Pharmacy Practice Excellence and will participate in weekly huddles with the entire clinical team.
- Have one-on-one meetings with the senior vice president for pharmacy sourcing and other leaders within the pharmacy business unit.
- Interact with members and external organizations such as the University of Utah Health System and Drug Information Center.
What you will need:
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Pharmacy school
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to think independently
- Possess strong interpersonal skills for interacting across the team and potentially with clients, members, and suppliers; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to functioning as a team player
- Willingness to learn
Key Program Information
The program requires a full ten week commitment by the intern to participate in all developmental experiences including formal training, mentoring, on-the-job learning, and opportunities to interact with senior leaders. The Intern group also organizes a summer community service project and has teambuilding activities outside of work.
- Program starts June 4 and ends August 10
- 40 hrs per week and pay is $24 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.