Interns will work with a designated mentor or team to gain a thorough understanding of the career field of interest to include theory and practical application of obtained knowledge. The intern will benefit from mentoring, coaching and side-by-side work with knowledgeable and experienced experts in the field. The objective is real, hands-on work assignments related to intern's major, providing them with skills vitally important in today's business environment.
What You'll Do
As a Guidance Navigation and Controls Intern you will spend 10-12 weeks learning about and making an impact in a specialized area within SNC. You will help to deliver superior results to our clients while working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Establish learning objectives with mentor/supervisor
- Support Assignments that represent general tasking amongst the following areas:
- Development of robust integrated GN&C algorithms
- Development, verification and validation of GN&C algorithms and flight software
- Development and maturation of GN&C design and analysis tools
- Preparation of materials for design reviews
- Occasionally takes on special projects as assigned by the mentor/supervisor
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC policies, procedures and compliance regulations (internal and external
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel related activities such as Timesheet completion
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
- A GPA of 3.2 or above; 3.0 or above for working students
- Technical skills complimentary to your field of interest
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- The capability to be highly organized and detailed
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States and maintain a security clearance.
Note: Ability to obtain a security clearance may be required.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Vet