Ochsner Health System is looking for talented, dynamic employees to join our team!
The best and the brightest work here because they find the work challenging and rewarding - because their input is valued and their opinions respected. Here, there is a room to grow and people who want the best for you. Here, you matter.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients everyday or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters.
We are seeking candidates that share our Ochsner values of Patients First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, and Teamwork. Our values guide our decisions, inspire our actions, and influence our relationships with patients, coworkers and community members.
This job rotates to the following departments: Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Payroll and Financial Accounting and completes duties as assigned by the manager in each department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at Ochsner's discretion.
WHAT WE OFFER
* Pay for Performance" with strong merit-based pay increases
* Paid time-off programs for FT and PT positions
* Tuition assistance
* Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees. Want to learn more?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
1. Performs Accounts Payable (AP) duties such as processing AP transactions accurately and timely, entering vendor invoice, and matching invoices to purchase orders.
2. Performs Payroll duties such as processing Payroll transactions accurately and timely and preparing FICA recovery spreadsheets and Payroll account reconciliations.
3. Records cash payments and fixed assets to Lawson and prepares cash reconciliations.
4. Reviews assigned financial statement lines for proper coding and accruals Analyzes assigned GL accounts for proper accruals and coding.
5. Analyzes assigned GL accounts for proper accruals and coding and financial statement variances for assigned accounts.
WHAT WE SEEK
Education / Certifications / Licensure / Specialized Training
* Actively working toward Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
Experience / Skills
* Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information. Must have above average proficiency with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals.
* Strong team management skills
Experience / Skills / Competencies
WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Dickory - Ochsner Operations Center, located on Dickory Avenue in Harahan, LA is home to many our corporate functions, including: Payroll, Accounting, HIM, Coding, Finance Administration & Information Systems. This facility serves as our hub for Epic Training!
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana's largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 28 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 60 health centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a "Best Hospital" across three specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs more than 17,000 employees, over 1,000 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts more than 1,000 clinical research studies. For more information, please visit Ochsner.org or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHSNER AND LIVE OUR VALUES OF PATIENT'S FIRST, COMPASSION, INTEGRITY, EXCELLENCE, & TEAMWORK?
Ochsner is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.