Seagate, a leader in Storage Technology, is seeking a Data Engineer Intern to join our Longmont,
Colorado Design Center within the Reliability Technology Engineering (RTE) organization.
About Our Group:
Our Longmont facility serves as the base of operations for storage product development in hard disk drive
and datacenter solutions markets. The RTE team is focused on reliability growth and risk reduction for such
developing products, enabled in part by analysis and communication of reliability test, integration and field
The successful candidate for this internship will have an opportunity to put their creative and analytic skills to work solving real world problems in collaboration with an energetic team of engineers from a range of disciplines.
* Detection of trends, predictors and causality in our data model.
* Automation of analytic techniques and integration of resulting data models, statistics and graphics into business processes.
* Automate Predictive Reliability Modelling using product development test data.
* Environmental and Reliability Log Analytics, with use of machine learning for predictive modelling and risk prioritization.
* Analytic Graphic Module software development and integration, for communication of data in the most informative and efficient method.
* Automation of Test Software Verification using parametric and attribute data.
* Platform extension for Analytic and Graphic Modules.
About the Role:
* Propose, develop, implement and integrate self and/or team generated solutions.
* Intern Project Presentation(s) at completion of Internship.
* Active progress toward Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Data or Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Physics or other subject areas.
* Fluency in Analytics, Algorithms and Programming.
* Experience and demonstrated command of Python programming language.
* Experience with statistics, analytic platforms and scripting languages desired (JMP/JSL, Minitab,
* Strong written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
* Experience with SQL and DB administration is a plus.
* Understanding of software development best practices, revision control systems is a plus.
About the Location:
Walk into work every day with an exceptional view of the Rocky Mountains. The Seagate campus is located in beautiful Longmont, Colorado. Play ping-pong or outdoor volleyball during lunch. Take one of our ten workout classes at our on-site fitness center. The Longmont office and product design center offers an on-site cafeteria and barista. Less than an hour from Denver and 15 minutes to Boulder, our community has all of the exciting year-round outdoor activities of the gorgeous Rockies.
Interns typically work Monday thru Friday 8am to 5pm. The hours are subject to change with or without notice at the sole discretion of Seagate.
Job Family: Operations Support
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin