171565 Intern - Automation Process Development (Open)
Seagate's Recording Heads Operations Advanced Assembly Development organization is seeking an Engineering Intern to lead automation design and technology research projects during summer 2018. This position will be located in Seagate's Bloomington, MN facility.
Responsibilities of the Automation Equipment & Process Development Intern will include:
- Learn the engineering fundamentals of automated assembly equipment and metrology tools used in recording head manufacturing
- Perform process & equipment improvement projects to compliment new product designs. This will include process-based experiments and may extend to electronics, electrical and tooling design and/or software engineering projects depending on candidate interest and ability.
- Creating technical documentation to communicate results to the engineering community and share improvements with factories in Asia
- Completed at least two years of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or Materials Science
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Strong practical lab skills including hands-on operation of capital equipment
- Data analysis experience using Excel, JMP or Minitab
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed
Job Family: Operations Support
Seagate Technology is committed to equal opportunity in employment and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of sex, marital status, religious affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, or ethnic origin