What you will do
Johnson Controls, Inc. is currently seeking a Domestic Tax intern for its Glendale, WI location. This internship provides the ideal candidate and opportunity to learn in an environment with many successful and dedicated tax managers. The role will help develop technical and business partnering skills and will enhance your time management, organization, and teamwork skills.
This internship will start as soon as possible requiring a commitment of 20 hours a week during the semester with the opportunity to work full-time during breaks. There is also an opportunity to see top performing tax interns develop into full time Tax Analysts with Johnson Controls!
How you will do it:
* Preparation of tax work papers and schedules which are organized and easy to review.
* Preparation of corporate federal and state income tax returns.
* Become familiar with the application and make efficient use of the many different tax software programs used in the corporate tax department.
* Pull and analyze data.
* Identify issues which need to be addressed by the reviewer.
* Makes necessary changes to a project after review, and learn from re-work.
* Scan tax return information into document storage system.
* Perform basic tax research.
* Minimum of 20 hours per week during the semester and 40 hours per week during the summer
What we look for
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email