Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
- Under the guidance of senior engineers, individuals in this position is responsible for some aspects of planning, developing and executing experiments, and analyzing and reporting the results in a collaborative team environment.
- Develops/maintains technical knowledge base in core areas.
- The position will require the job holder to creatively solve problems and develop new solutions and well as carrying out more routine metallurgical lab functions. Problem solving will require a very diverse acquired knowledge base including thermodynamics, materials science or mechanical systems.
- Accountable for safe operation and effective use of tools and work processes. Takes responsibility to resolve technical project road blocks to assist in meeting program milestones. Elevates to management as necessary.
- Qualified students should be enrolled in a full-time college program and have a minimum 2.75 GPA to be considered.
- An engineering study with a course of study in any of the following disciplines is preferred; Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Mechanical Engineering (for Additive Manufacturing).
- All positions require self starters who are highly motivated and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and a professional image. Candidate must demonstration excellent organizational skills, attention detail and have the ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of Carpenter's pre-employment selection process which includes a drug and alcohol screen.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.