Provides, coordinates, and directs the provision of home nursing care according to physician's orders based on care center policies and procedures, through the competent application of the nursing process under the guidance of the Care Center RN Preceptor to facilitate a successful transition into professional nursing in the Hospice setting. The LPN/LVN to HSP RN Intern expected to complete core training and skilled competencies within the first 90 days in role. Note: The HSP RN Intern cannot perform Home Health Aide initial competency evaluations and the twelve hour Home Health Aide in-service requirements.
1. One year LPN/LVN nursing experience with Amedisys.
2. Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the
employee is assigned to work by the Company.
3. Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact States
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.